Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Giddy Up Horsey

Our trip to Iowa last weekend was a success!!!


The 3 hours wasn't bad at all, we got off to a late start that morning because 1. Lane wanted to get up in the middle of the night so mommy was tired come 5:00. 2. We had to stop at Ihop for breakfast. But we made it there in great time.
Lane attracts so much attention whereever we go with his big smile (flirt face). There was a couple sitting next to us at Ihope who couldn't keep their eyes off of Lane. The man kept making faces at Lane so of course Lane was interested in laughing at him. Very nice couple, from MN.
Oh and Lane had his first taste of Ihope pancakes with butter peacan syrup!!!! Can we say sugar HIGH!

He slept the whole way there. Got to Wagners and he was no were near shy when Erica came to great him, I mean us. He warmed up to her right away and we went inside and he played with Gunnar's John Deere toys. The Wagners and Andresens are John Deere fans. But we still love them!!

We hung out and then played in their pool.
Lane using Gunnar's floatie.
Mom's & Son's



The boys got a little tired after swimming because they didn't take naps that afternoon. That was my first time swimming this year, boy did it feel good. Then we grilled out and had some wonderful food as we sat around the dining room table with great converstation. E & N took us out to show us their acreage they are in the process of buying. Very beautiful and ready for Gunnar to run around and start riding and practicing his roping skills.
Erica and I were thinking of going swimming that night after the boys went to bed but first off Lane wasn't wanting to go to bed and we all were so sleepy that the bed sounded better.

Got up early, Lane is a early riser, not sure where he gets that from though. Had again wonderful food~ Nathan is a good cook. Got ready for the day and the boys actually took naps that morning. Then we headed over to a friend of theirs where they are keeping their horses.
Lane and his 1st Horse Ride

His mommy is pretty proud. He did an awesome job wasn't scared at all and of course all smiles. I think deep down inside he wanted Rex to go faster. :) Thats my boy ride them fast!!

Oh and after 2 years of not riding I FINALLY GOT TO RIDE. I don't think Erica knows how much she made my day, even though coming to visit them made my weekend it felt so great to get back up on a horse. Your whole world just changes when you are sitting on that saddle you feel like you are on top of the world with no cares in the world. I was a little rusty but it all came back to me naturally. Now come Monday my thighs were alittle sore and knee was feeling it but SO WORTH IT. Thank YOU Erica & Nathan!!

It got to that time for Lane's nap so we decided that we should head back so he would sleep the whole way home. And he did. We stopped at Cracker Barrel for supper which was the worst experience I've had. I said I'm never coming back. But that didn't stop the smiles on our face after having a great weekend.

Big Thank you to Jerry & Anne and Nathan & Erica for letting us come and stay with you. And Lane says that he's glad he got to meet his Friend Gunnar. Can't wait to visit again or have them come visit us and Lane and Gunnar grow as friends!

Came Monday & Tuesday after work I helped with VBS at work it was really fun. Something different for the week. Sometimes I need change in my weekly routine and Lane had fun hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa and his side kick Ginger. Ginger is my parents blue heeler who is getting better at hanging out with Lane. I think once Lane starts eating solid foods and dropping pieces on the floor they will be inseparable.

Now its getting ready for another weekend. We are going to have some friends of course all with kids 3, 15 mons 12 mons come up for some Tacos and hang out.

Before I forget Lane turned 9 months old. This Friday we get our 9 month pictures taken, I have some cute ideas for this one. At his Dr appt last week he weight in at 21lbs 6 oz and 28 1/4 in long. He's going to be tall like his dad and uncle jesse.
Being tall you can't bull ride, right?!

Soon to be coming is my 25th birthday. I used to be scared about turing 25 because that meant closer to 30 but I am not afraid of turning 30 anymore. But then ask me that in 4 more years!!

Then summer is almost over :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

4th of July