2010 I have tried to make it my goal that I would try and donate to causes and help people in need. Even though we dont have alot of money, every little bit helps.
Last weekend my mom and I walked for a cure for Cystic Fibrosis. A friend of mines daughter has CF, which she is the cutiest little girl. For the past year I've wanted to donate a big amount to CF Fund and it was my intentions to do so but we had a financial problem this spring and I was unable to. My friend said she totally understood and that to donate and help you don't need to make it a big amount, you can do little here and there and she said also to Pray.
After doing that walk and the weeks and days leading up to the walk I felt so good about myself. After the walk I just had the energy to keep walking I felt so good about myself and that even though I did that little amount for donation and have been praying that I did a good thing.
I encourage everyone to go out and find a CURE for something!!!
Oh and me walking 4 miles now I tell myself I can do it and make sure I walk every night. That was a big thing for me.
Sometimes life has its downs but you have to pick your self up and keep postive that there is always someone else out there that has it worse. Feel blessed that you are healthy, some kids aren't. Feel blessed you have food on the table for supper some families are starving. Feel blessed that you have a roof over your head, some familes are sleeping in the rain.
Do a good deed today, tomorrow, next week, next month. Know that every little bit helps someone.


Megan - So glad you came to the walk to help us out, and every penny you have donated is a help! A huge help! I am so thankful to have great friends.
ReplyDeleteAnd Yay for the motivation to walk - it's amazing what can happen when you set your mind to it and it's great that the walk helped you with that motivation.
Again - thank you so much - Rylee will be getting the wish we have for her sooner then later - A CURE!