Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Exploring the floor

I dropped Lane off at Daycare this morning and I set him on the floor and was talking with the daycare lady and Lane was trying to grab my boot so I kept moving it and all of a sudden he gets up on all fours and moves. He took little crawling moves. Then she put some toys in front of him to see if he would go for them and sure enough he took more little crawls. Though he kind of figured out if he can “leap” like a frog he can move himself to get the toy.

Now that he has figured he can crawl and lift himself up onto things we are in TROUBLE!!! I've been waiting for this moment for a couple months now, so I'm very excited he is crawling now. We'll see how well he likes crawling on our floor. At daycare its carpet while we have the laminate flooring. But I think once he figures it out that when he crawls he can go anywhere in the house he'll be moving. And Cali (our cat) is in for a big surprise. I guess I really have to clean out the spare bedroom upstairs. My plan has been to make it his "toy room" but there is a few odd things in there that I guess have to be moved. Cali kind of clams that room as her "napping" room so we'll see how well that goes.

I'm so excited. Lane walks when you hold his hands and likes to stand and hold onto the side of the couch and his toy box, I'm sure once he gets his balance he'll be scaling the couch and walls.

Oh and our big news....WE ARE GOING TO IOWA IN JULY TO VISIT THE WAGNERS!!!!!!

I am so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

4th of July