We went to Rapid City for the Stock Show & Rodeo. We left Friday morning, dropped Lane off which was really hard for me. Headed on the road at 8:00 a.m. The roads were alittle slick but we just took Hwy 14 and took our time. We got to about Huron and the roads started to look better. All I could think about was LANE, LANE, LANE.
Got to Pierre around 12:00 and met up with a Dear Friend Hannah and her husband Eric. Hannah and I were in 4H together. We met up with them for lunch at the Long Branch. Very good food. Then back on the road to RC.
Got to Rapid I think around 3:00(west river time). Got to our hotel and then drove around went to the Rushmore Mall to check out their "western stores" which I was disappointed in.
Picked up food at Hardee's, which we love because we don't have one in Brookings and went back to our hotel room.
Friday day/night was the worst for me, which I'll admit I had tears in my eyes bceause I was missing Lane. But I knew he was in good hands with Grandma and Grandpa S. Pretty sure he got spoiled this weekend.
Saturday we got up and got ready to go to the Stock Show. We ate at IHop for a late breakfast/early lunch. YUMMY!! IHop pancakes and breakfast...can't get any better than that.
Headed to the Civic Center to walk through all the vendors. Sure was a lot to look at and dream of wish we could buy everything. Justin was in love with the CAT booth and all the horse trailers.
They had a horse trailer there for $94,000.00 that's right $$$$$$$!!!! Thought about selling our house and buying it but a house is a good thing to have. Maybe some day when Lane wins the Wrangler National Finals he can buy his mommy and daddy a nice horse trailer!! I can wish can't I?!?
I ended up buying more for Lane than I did myself. Got a BHSS shirt and bought Lane a BHSS sweatshirt, it wont fit him until maybe this winter or next but it was cool because inside the hood had the fabric that his diaper bag is made of. Bought him a Sturigs shirt from Wall and a Lane Frost Challenge of Champions dvd. Which Justin and I watched when we got home and its a really good video. And we stopped at Children's Place in the mall and bought him a bunch of pants, shirts and sweatshirts because everything was on sale. Good deals and I bought him this cute hat for a dollar. Which he can wear now and looks very cute in(I'll get a picture) but it sometimes covers his eyes when he moves his head.
Anyway...after walking around and spending money we went back to the hotel and got ready for the rodeo. The rodeo was really cool, I actually think its better than the rodeos here in Brookings. Well worth the money for the tickets. Actually we got to see Chris' LeDoux's son Beau LeDoux ride broncs. Way cool!
We were TIRED come the end of the rodeo and we headed back to the hotel and went to bed.
Sunday we got up and did a little shopping around town, just checking RC out. and again we ate at IHop, this time I had lunch which I don't think sat well with my stomach. We ended up going back to the hotel and took a long nap. We pretty much laid around Sunday, which was nice and relaxing but I was itching to get out but wasn't feeling the best.
Monday, we got up and headed out. Visibility wasn't the best so we were going pretty slow. Stopped at Al's Oasis and ate lunch and by the time we got to Mitchell roads were clearing up. And it was clear to Brookings. Got to town around 2:00 and first thing was my little boy in my arms. Grandma was disappointed because she said she still had 1 more hour with him, but let his mommy see him.
We didn't even take any pictures while we were on vacation. But we sure had fun!!


No comments:
Post a Comment