
Lane started getting a cold this past weekend while we were gone. Got him to the Dr Tuesday morning but she said his lungs sounded good and that he just has a cold. So nothing to do about it other than let it take its course. Do you know how hard that is on a mother to see her poor little guy have a cold? Good thing he is a happy baby. He's pretty much his normal self smiling like crazy. Just congested and little bit of a runny nose and some matted eyes when he wakes up. Now as of Wednesday afternoon I have a sore throat. YUCK!!! Darn winter cold weather. Why do we live here again? Oh yeah because I would rather have the cold and snow than the hurricanes and everything else. Cold and Snow... it could always be much worse.
Oh yeah we were suppose to go to the Stocks Show with our good friends Wagner's but they moved to Iowa the week before so they weren't going to make the trip back to Rapid. Which totallly understood but we sure miss/missed them. They are now only 3 hours away from us. Erica and I are very excited to have Gunnar their little one who will be 1 year old in April and Lane play together this spring and grow up to be good friends(hunting and horse riding buddies). Good thing Erica's family raises black angus. Though they are a John Deere family we still like them!!! :)
Been back to work for a month now and have been working Monday-Thursday's having a 3 day weekend is AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait until its nice out and Lane and I can go outside and play on the swing set and play with the dogs. This summer is going to be so much fun.

Here is some exciting news!
Justin's brother's friend needs a home for his 9 month old Mastiff (big dog) for a month. Guess where he will call home for that month??? You guessed it Our House We are crazy to let another dog come stay with us. I think its crazy, even though I love Mastiff's and we are helping this guy out giving his dog a place to stay. So we go the kennel up on Tuesday night. Which I think that is how I got sick trying to shovel the snow away from the shed while also taking care of Lane because my husband was laying in bed sick. But then my brother in law came and put the kennel together. So this weekend Tuff and Roper will have someone BIGGER than them to play with. This shall be very interesting. I told my brother in law that a month is a long time I might fall in love with him and not give him back.
Me the one who always said I wanted 3 dogs then after being pregnant I said 2 is enough now we have 1 cat, 2 dogs and a 4 month old plus an extra dog. Now we just need goats, pigs, sheep and cows and horses then it would be Old McDonald Farms!! Anyone want to come join the craziness??
An update on Lane while I'm here blogging.
He will be 4 months old on Monday, February 15. HELLO!!! He is getting so big, smiling all the time. Making plenty of noises I think he gets that from his dad. And moving, he never wants to sit he always wants to stand. He can kind of sit by himself but he ends up either leaning forward or tipping, soon he'll get there. He is now into 6/9 month clothes, though he's not really chunky anymore its more he's growing long like his dad. But he sure is getting heavy, I can't wait until I don't have to haul the car seat and him around. Well just the whole bundling him up gets annoying. Good thing for a $14.00 Cabela's snow suit. Oh yeah did I tell you that Justin and I went to Cabela's in Rapid and walked out of there with NOTHING. I wasn't very impressed and they hardly had anything for kids. The Cabela's in Mitchell is better and I miss Sportsman's Warehouse in SF, we spent a lot of $$$$ there.
Oh yeah we were suppose to go to the Stocks Show with our good friends Wagner's but they moved to Iowa the week before so they weren't going to make the trip back to Rapid. Which totallly understood but we sure miss/missed them. They are now only 3 hours away from us. Erica and I are very excited to have Gunnar their little one who will be 1 year old in April and Lane play together this spring and grow up to be good friends(hunting and horse riding buddies). Good thing Erica's family raises black angus. Though they are a John Deere family we still like them!!! :)
Been back to work for a month now and have been working Monday-Thursday's having a 3 day weekend is AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait until its nice out and Lane and I can go outside and play on the swing set and play with the dogs. This summer is going to be so much fun.

Here is some exciting news!
Justin's brother's friend needs a home for his 9 month old Mastiff (big dog) for a month. Guess where he will call home for that month??? You guessed it Our House We are crazy to let another dog come stay with us. I think its crazy, even though I love Mastiff's and we are helping this guy out giving his dog a place to stay. So we go the kennel up on Tuesday night. Which I think that is how I got sick trying to shovel the snow away from the shed while also taking care of Lane because my husband was laying in bed sick. But then my brother in law came and put the kennel together. So this weekend Tuff and Roper will have someone BIGGER than them to play with. This shall be very interesting. I told my brother in law that a month is a long time I might fall in love with him and not give him back.
Me the one who always said I wanted 3 dogs then after being pregnant I said 2 is enough now we have 1 cat, 2 dogs and a 4 month old plus an extra dog. Now we just need goats, pigs, sheep and cows and horses then it would be Old McDonald Farms!! Anyone want to come join the craziness??
An update on Lane while I'm here blogging.
He will be 4 months old on Monday, February 15. HELLO!!! He is getting so big, smiling all the time. Making plenty of noises I think he gets that from his dad. And moving, he never wants to sit he always wants to stand. He can kind of sit by himself but he ends up either leaning forward or tipping, soon he'll get there. He is now into 6/9 month clothes, though he's not really chunky anymore its more he's growing long like his dad. But he sure is getting heavy, I can't wait until I don't have to haul the car seat and him around. Well just the whole bundling him up gets annoying. Good thing for a $14.00 Cabela's snow suit. Oh yeah did I tell you that Justin and I went to Cabela's in Rapid and walked out of there with NOTHING. I wasn't very impressed and they hardly had anything for kids. The Cabela's in Mitchell is better and I miss Sportsman's Warehouse in SF, we spent a lot of $$$$ there.
Anyway... Lane is so much fun!!!
My mom asked me the other day if I pictured life with a baby this way. I said I never knew how much you could love someone or the feeling you have being a mom. I don' think there are words to describe it its just WONDERFUL!
When Justin and I ate at Al's Oasis I got the idea to paint baby cows and a cowboy and horses on his wall. They have shadow paintings on the wall. So now that is my idea to do in Lane's room. It will fit perfect in his room since its filled with horses and cowboys. I just hope he grows up liking horses!! I'm sure he will his life is all horses now. Early persuading, nothing wrong with that?
Next week Lane will get his 4 month shots and its Uncle Jesse's (my brother) 22nd birthday. I can't believe my little brother is going to be 22. Then March 4 is Justin's 24th birthday. Justin's sister turned 30 Feb 9, we give her crap for turing the big 30!
Minutes, Hours, Days, Weeks, Months, Years go by so fast so have fun and treasure every minute of the day.
Live Life to its fullest!


No comments:
Post a Comment