2 month pictures.

Alright time just goes by way to fast. Lane will be 3 months old on Friday, January 15. WOW!! (again).
He is now smiling, laughing, giggling, moving like crazy, rolling, GROWING, holding his head up much better. Though his head is so big he sometimes has trouble holding it up but he's doing alot better. He's getting long, I had to go through his dresser and put all this 0-3 month clothes away. I didn't think it would be a big deal but it was sad my little guy is growing up. He's now into 3-6 and some 6-9. We are taking his 3 month pictures and family pictures this friday. I can't wait. We should have alot of pictures with smiles.
Monday, January 4 was my first offical week back to work and Lane's first day at daycare. Since Justin has wrestling practice with JV and Varsity and practice with Konnor we take Lane to daycare on Monday and Thursdays. He's going to the daycare that Justin and I went too. I know I can trust her, which makes it easier for me to go to work. Though that cute smile he gives me everytime I talk makes it hard too. I think he will enojy daycare.
Looking back...
Lane's 1st Christmas
Here is Lane with his first tractor that Grandpa Vostad got him. Red all the way!
Lane's 1st Christmas wasnt to exciting. Of course it SNOWED here. Christmas Eve we went to my parents and had BBQ and Oyster Stew and headed back home before more snow came. Chrismtas we stayed home and hung out just us 3. Saturday evening we ended up going to Justin's parents for Vostad Christmas, where Lane got his first tractor just like Cousin Konnors first tractor. Very Special. Though he slept though the whole opening presents thing. Next year will be more exciting for him.
Naked Baby!!
He loves laying on the floor in the morning just in his diaper wiggling around. Though he's been getting alittle congested and its been cold so mommy hasn't let him lay naked for very long.

Oh yeah and we are DROOLING ALOT!!!! At his 2 month appt the Dr said he could be getting teeth any time now and last week I was home he started sucking on his hand. I think we have teething in the NEAR future.
He is changing so much, he's getting very long now. I think he will be built like his daddy.
January 9 & 10 my mom and I and Lane went down to Sioux Falls to spend the day with my aunts and cousins. It was Lane's first sleep over at a hotel and he did really good and slept in his pack-n-play all night. Of course he got spoiled by my aunts and cousins but that is ok. You have to spoil them sometimes. Got some new pants since his legs are getting long he grew out of most of his sweats. Its so much fun shopping for baby clothes, way better than shopping for my own clothes.
He's getting more into a routine now. Mornings he wakes up between 5:30-6:00 which I wake up at 5:00 and that gives me time to take a shower before he wakes up. Though sometimes 5:00 comes way to early. He eats and then lays on the floor watching Handy Manny and Micky Mouse Clubhouse. He loves those shows, full of color so it gets his attention. This is good because then it gives mom time to get ready for work. Then we are off to daycare or time to wake Justin up so he can spend the day with Lane. He is loving his bouncy chair which I got at a rumage sale for $3.00 he just kicks and bounces all around in it. Great investment! At night he usually goes to bed around 10:00-10:30 gets a bottle around that time and out he goes, but he has to have his blue blanket. During the day he's pretty much awake in the morning and then takes a nap in the afternoon which makes the daycare lady happy. He's up to 4 oz now, no wonder he's getting so big.
Not much going on with us just busy with Lane. Justin is waiting to hear back that his snowmobile is fixed so he can go riding in all this snow. Though I tell him because his snowmobile doesn't work its his fault we got all this snow. Hey its SD of course we are going to get snow, deal with it!!
Justin has been going to High School wrestling practice to get in shape and to help the guys out. He also helps Coach his nephew Konnor in wrestling Monday and Thursday. Saturday, January 9 Konnor won his first match and got 3rd place in the wrestling tournement. Way to go!!! Coach Justin was very proud.
Me, I've just had to come to the relization that there isn't enough hours in the day and that if my house is alittle messy and things are scattered around the house its ok just leave it. Of course now that Lane is here it makes it so much easier to leave the mess to hang out with him. I love being a mom it is the best thing in the world. It not only changes your life because you have another human to take care of and look after but the feeling you get. I can't really explain it but its just the greatest feeling ever.
Oh New Years...
We went over to a friend of ours. Actually a couple posts back I blogged about Lane going on his first play date with Neil who is 2 months and 3 days older than Lane. And there were 2 more babies there. 4 boys ages-6 months(Dayton), 4 months(Neil)and 2 2 months(Tyler and Lane). Tyler is 3 days older than Lane. It was so fun to see all the different ages in babies and to hang out with couples with kids.
Then that Saturday we went to our friends house for a Christmas with Friends. Lane got to see mommy and daddy's crazy friends.
Then that Saturday we went to our friends house for a Christmas with Friends. Lane got to see mommy and daddy's crazy friends.
Next week we are going to another play date but this time it will be with 2 girls. Emma who is 6 months and Maddie who is 11 months. His first time hanging out with GIRLS!!! It should be a fun time!
It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant and order our hotel rooms for the stock show. Now we are 3 weeks away getting ready to head out to the Stock Show. This will be our first time at The Black Hills Stock Show, we were suppose to meet our friends Wagner's out there but they are moving to Iowa and out of Buffalo. Erica's originally from there and they want to be closer to family, which I totally don't blame them. I love being close to my family. So we are going out there just the 2 of us. Which we are calling it our honeymoon since we never got to go on one. It should be a good time. First vacation by our selves. We will meet a friend I went to LATI with out there and her husband and cute little boy who will be turing 2 that same weekend we are out there. I think it should be a really fun time.
Another exciting thing. Our friends The Wagner's that we met in Brookings at our archery club. We went on a camping trip with them 2 years in Pierre, since it was pretty much in the middle for both of us. But now they are moving to Iowa so we will be 3 hours away from them instead of 8. Erica and I have been talking about meeting in Sioux Falls and having lots of playdates with Lane and this son Gunnar who will be turing a year old April 30. That time sure went fast. I know they will miss it out in Buffalo but they will love being close to family and I know Erica's mom will love having her Grandson close by. I know my mom LOVES her Grandson so close.
Well I think that kind of updates our life for now. I dont have any pictures on my computer yet but when I do I will get them posted on here so you can see how big he is getting. Probably for his 3 months.
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a WONDERFUl New Year!!!
Love
The Vostad's


No comments:
Post a Comment